Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lindsey named Female Athlete of the Year

The Associated Press chose Vail's Lindsey Vonn as Female Athlete of the Year for 2010. She is the first skier of either sex to win the annual AP award that began in 1931.

On the heels of her winning a World Cup downhill race in France on Dec. 18, the 26-year-old champ said this in an AP interview:  "For sure, 2010 was the best year I've ever had. It couldn't have gone any better for me. Even if I just won the Olympic gold medal, that would have made it the best year of my career and the best day of my life, period. Winning the World Cup races and the overall title just topped it off." 

To be the first skier ever to be selected by AP members is truly an honor that she holds dearly.  "When I say that it means everything to me, it really does. The Olympics are what I work for. They're why I spend so much time in the gym. It's why my family moved (from Minnesota to Colorado) for me to ski race, so I could pursue my dream of being Olympic champion." 

To read the full article in The Denver Post, click here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
\